Solar panel prices have kept dropping but awareness takes a long time to catch up.
- Understand solar economics.
- Understand concepts like Volts, Amperes, Watts, kWh, price of electricity in different tiers (this might seem similar to income tax tiers!), price of solar panels, inverters. Learn whether or not you might need to install batteries.
- Create a web-based calculator to estimate RoI (Return on Investment) on solar panel investment for a typical home, school, hospital, factory, etc.
- If you are more interested in web development, for bonus points don’t just create a simple calculator! Study cutting edge web development technologies like HTML5, Canvas API, AJAX, JQuery, RequireJS, AngularJS, NodeJS, Bootstrap, CSS3, lesscss.org, Play Scala framework, etc. Evaluate these cutting edge technologies and decide which ones should be explored in depth. If it all seems overwhelming just do it a simpler way or go as far as you want to go.
- Once you have understood the technology, economics and you can show RoI on your own calculator, you might have a new very low-risk business for yourself with very little competition!! You can start selling and installing solar power systems! Is that education or business or helping the environment? Or ALL OF THE ABOVE??!!